As we know, there are so many free trial streaming services available online. But to access them, it is necessary to have a high-speed and reliable network service so that all types of interruptions can be avoided while enjoying your favorite content. That’s when Xfinity comes in as a savior.
It is a wireless service provider and division of Comcast Corporation that operates as a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO). The network provides you with access to unlimited calls and texts without any additional charges. You only have to pay for data, depending on the selected plan.
Xfinity offers high data speeds and access to Wi-Fi hotspots throughout the country, along with various other services, including the following:
- LTE data
- Call Waiting
- Call Forwarding
- Domestic Roaming
- Wi-Fi Calling
- Visual Voicemail
- HD Voice
- Personal Hotspot
- Premium messaging block
- Six-way Conference calling
In this article, we’ll get a complete guide of www.xfinitymobile.come/activate methods and procedures of a nanoSIM as well as eSIM in new and existing lines, along with sign-up and login information to your account.
- Things to Know Before Xfinitymobile.come/activate
- Activate Your New Phone With an Xfinity Mobile nanoSIM Card
- Activate a New Line With eSIM
- Activate an Existing Line With eSIM
- How to Download an eSIM Card?
- How to Create an Xfinity Account?
- Quick Fixes to Set Up an iPhone with Xfinity
- Final Words
Things to Know Before Xfinitymobile.come/activate
Some basic yet important points are stated here that you should know before moving further with the activation process.
- Make sure you have a copy of your bill and account PIN.
- You can activate your device via eSIM or electronic nanoSIM if you are using an iPhone or later versions.
- In case you are transferring your number from a previous carrier, don’t forget to back up your old device.
Note: You can find account information of your previous carrier and other details online or in the top-right corner of your bill.
Activate Your New Phone With an Xfinity Mobile nanoSIM Card
It is very easy to activate your new phone with an Xfinity mobile nanoSIM card. For this, you just have to follow a three-step procedure given below:
Unbox Your New Device and SIM Card
First, unbox your new device and SIM card along with the charger and accessories. The phone will be turned off, so you are required to insert your SIM into it. If you continue with your old device, you can still use Xfinity Mobile SIM.
In case you are planning to Xfinity activate phone for the whole family, you can also avoid SIM card confusion by providing labels for each new SIM and the linked device.
Go to www.xfinitymobile/activate
Once the SIM is inserted, visit www.xfinitymobile.come/activate. Here, you are required to create an account and then complete the login process.
Now, pick up your phone to start the activation process. Also, don’t forget your primary carrier PIN and account number, as they will be required to get the number portability access if you are transferring your current phone number. You may find these details on a prior bill or can contact the former service provider.
Note: It is suggested that you have a new phone number that you can get after selecting the option of ‘I want a new number’ while activating your phone. This will be more convenient for you.
Activate Xfinity Mobile
At last, select the Activate option from the drop-down menu, and your phone will be ready within 10 minutes. If you’ve requested a new phone number, you will get a confirmation email after finishing the Xfinitymobile/activate process.
Now, you can start your phone to enjoy the most trusted and dependable network with the fastest 4G LTE and 5G networks and 20 million+ secure hotspots.
Activate a New Line With eSIM
Before moving further, let us inform you that this mobile is currently supporting only iPhone 13 and its newer versions.
- First, unbox your device and check for all the necessary accessories. Also, make sure the device is turned off before starting the activation process.
- Next, go to www.xfinitymobile.come/activate on another mobile device or desktop and complete the login process.
- Then, choose any one of Keep your existing number’ or ‘I want a new number’ as per your suitability.
- Now, select Activate to begin with the number transfer process or to get a new number. Your phone will be ready within the next 10 minutes. However, in some unexpected situations, it may also take one hour.
- After the successful activation of your device, you will need to download the eSIM card to use one of the fastest 4G LTE and 5G networks.
Note: The process of downloading the eSIM card is given further in this article.
Activate an Existing Line With eSIM
If you are using an existing line with eSIM, you have to follow the given steps to activate the network:
- First, unbox your new device and make sure it is turned off while activating.
- Now, go to xfinity.com/mobile/my-account/devices on a mobile device or desktop and then complete the login process.
- After that, select the device you’d like to replace.
- Then, select Replace your device > Bring your own.
- Now, it will ask you to select the type of device you are switching to. Enter the device’s IMEI and continue with the on-screen activation instructions.
- At last, you are required to follow one of the ways given below:
- eSIM Quick Transfer: You can use this method if you are transferring your nanoSIM or eSIM from one iPhone to another, or converting your existing nanoSIM to an eSIM on the same compatible iPhone.
- eSIM Transfer: If you are not using the eSIM Quick Transfer after the successful completion of the activation process, you are required to download the eSIM card to start the fast service of 4G LTE and 5G networks.
If you don’t know the procedure for downloading an eSIM card, don’t worry; we are describing it further for you.
How to Download an eSIM Card?
Before starting with the process, turn on your new device follow the on-screen instructions, and then connect it to a WiFi network. Once it is done, you can continue with the eSIM card download process by following any of the three methods:
Using Push Notification is an easy way to download an eSIM card. You can do it by following the mentioned steps:
- Tap on the notification that pops up on the top of your iPhone screen.
- On the Settings screen, select Xfinity Mobile Cellular Plan ready to be installed.
- Now select the Continue button visible at the bottom of the Activate eSIM screen.
- At last, tap on the Done button given at the bottom of the Cellular Setup Complete screen.
The second possible method to download eSIM is using the QR code. For this, you have to finish these steps:
- First, visit your phone’s settings and select Cellular.
- Now tap on Add Cellular Plan.
- After that, scan the given QR code to start the activation process.
- Then continue with the on-screen instructions to activate your eSIM.
Enter a URL (Website Address)
If you are unable to scan the QR, you can continue with entering a URL address in the Cellular Section of Settings by following the given steps:
- First, go to your phone’s settings and select Cellular.
- Tap on Add Cellular Plan > Enter Details Manually visible at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, enter gsmacct.vzw.otgeuicc.com in the SM-DP+ Address field.
- Leave the Confirmation Code and Activation Code fields blank.
- At last, tap on the Next button given near the upper right corner of the display and then follow the on-screen instructions.
Note: When you are switching to an eSIM-activated device from a nanoSIM device, it is advised not to place the old SIM into the new device, as this may cause issues during the activation process.
How to Create an Xfinity Account?
If you are new to the platform and don’t know how to create an Xfinity account, you can simply do it by following the procedure given below and then continue with the login:
- Visit the official Xfinity mobile website and click on the Sign-in option.
- On the next page, select Create a new Xfinity ID.
- Now choose one of the two methods of verification, which are Mobile Phone Number or Social Security Number, by clicking on it, and then select Continue.
- Then, enter all the required details for identity verification. If you have selected:
- Mobile Phone Number: Enter your mobile number and click on Continue. Then, you will receive an OTP via SMS on the same number. Fill in the OTP and click Continue again.
- Social Security Number: Enter the last four digits of the SSN, date of birth, and phone number on the account, then, click Continue.
- Upon verification, you will also get the option of adding your email address to link with your Xfinity account. After entering it, you will receive a verification link to your email address for confirmation within 72 hours.
- After completing the account setup process, click Continue. This will automatically log in to your account or may be sent back to the homepage.
Once the verification is done, you can continue with the xfinitymobile.com/activate login process by entering your email, mobile number, or username, and can manage your Xfinity services.
Quick Fixes to Set Up an iPhone with Xfinity
Here are a couple of things that you can check to solve the issue:
- Make sure to choose set up over WiFi instead of set up over cellular while activating your phone to have a stable internet connection.
- The card must be inserted properly.
- If your phone has been activated but is not working and Xfinity Mobile is not visible in the top left corner of the display, follow these steps:
- Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network.
- Then, visit Settings > General > About.
- Now, wait for the Carrier Settings Update prompt to appear, and at last select Update.
In case you are having any kind of trouble during the www.xfinitymobile/activate process, then you can get 24/7 assistance from the Xfinity team.
In comparison to other service providers, Xfinity mobile phone plans are highly affordable. There are three different types of packs available, which include unlimited intro, unlimited plus, and unlimited premium that cost from 30/month to 65/month with different benefits and features.
So we tried to deliver the complete information regarding the xfinitymobile.com/activate process and various methods.
Ans: Yes, you can activate your Xfinity services without an app, just by visiting their official mobile site and following the activation instructions given there.
Ans: If you are a subscriber, you can get up to ten lines with Xfinity Mobile along with unlimited nationwide talk and text at no additional cost.
Ans: Yes, it is possible to switch SIM cards between Xfinity phones if both devices are compatible with the Xfinity Mobile network and are unlocked.
Ans: In most cases, Xfinity mobile users are not restricted in their data use by any throttling or speed caps. However, the maximum download speed is reduced to 1.55Mbps for users who have surpassed 20 GB of data use in a month.
Ans: Follow the given steps to restart your Xfinity device:
- Locate the restart button on your device.
- Press and hold the button for about 10 seconds.
- Then, release and wait for the device to restart.
Alternatively, you can also restart the device by going to the Devices section in your Xfinity account.
Ans: If you are using a new number, the activation will be done within a few minutes, but if you are continuing with your old number, the process may take about 10 minutes. However, in the case of some smaller carriers, it may also take up to an hour. Apart from that, if you are transferring the number from a landline or wireline, the process may take five business days to complete.