TLC TV Network is a Warner Bros. Discovery-owned cable television channel that was first established in 1980 under the name The Learning Channel. But in 1992, the network’s name was abbreviated to TLC. Over the decades, the platform has gained huge popularity with various TV shows such as 90 Day Fiancé, Sister Wives, My Strange Addiction, and others.
So, if you are looking for an amazing source of entertainment and lifestyle content, Tlc.com/link is definitely for you to make your boring days interesting. Here, we are giving all the information about the TLC app, its activation methods on various devices, and supported free trial streaming services.
How to Activate TLC Go On Smart Devices
To get entertainment from TLC Live TV shows and movies over 5000 channels, you first have to activate the application on your device. And for this, it is necessary to connect your TV as well as smartphone or PC to an uninterrupted internet connection.
Many viewers enjoy all TLC content on Roku smart TV, which has a display of HD and 4K resolution along with amazing features like voice control, pause live TV, and Google & Alexa Assistant compatibility.
These features make the user experience better while connecting the TLC GO app with Roku TV. The process for its activation is given below:
- First, go to the Roku Channel Store and install the application from there by selecting Add Channel.
- Now, launch the app and follow the instructions that are visible on your TV screen to get the activation code.
- Open a web browser on a smartphone or PC and go to www.tlc.com/link.
- In the given box, enter the six-digit activation code that you can see on your Roku screen.
- At last, select Link TV Provider.
Suggested Read: How to Find Roku IP Address With and Without Using Remote?
The process for enjoying the software on this device is given below:
- Turn on Xbox and install the app.
- Go to the Menu and click on Activate Channel to launch it.
- From the drop-down menu, select your TV provider to generate the activation code.
- Go to TLC com/link on your mobile and enter the code there in the available field.
- In the end, submit it and enjoy the content on your Xbox One.
Amazon Fire TV
If you are wondering whether TLC Go can be played on Amazon Fire TV or not, let us inform you that the application is compatible with this device as well.
Here is the way to stream the software on Amazon Fire TV:
- Turn on Amazon Fire Screen and search for the application.
- Install the app and launch it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to generate an activation code.
- Visit the official site of tlc.com link with a web browser on a PC or a mobile device.
- Enter the code and select Link TV Provider.
Note: The activation process for Firestick is different from Amazon Fire TV. It is described further in this article.
To access the TLC Go on your Firestick, you are required to have a registered Amazon account. For this, sign-up for the account > check out the membership plans > take the 30-day trial version > choose a payment option, and complete the process. To start the streaming, go through the following process:
- Connect Amazon Firestick to the HDMI port of your TV.
- After setting up the device, install the application and launch it by following the on-screen instructions.
- Now sign in to watch.tlc.com/activate using a web browser on a different device.
- Enter the activation code here that is visible on your TV display.
- Finally, select the submit option.
In order to watch content on a big screen, you can also cast to Firestick from Android, iOS, iPad, PC, and macOS.
TLC’s titles are available on Samsung TV as well along with its bunch of amazing features like hyper-focused pictures, QLED screen, Alexa Assistant, etc.
In order to get the software on your Samsung TV, follow the given steps:
- First, install the app from the store on your Samsung TV.
- Open the app and sign in by following the prompts visible on the TV screen.
- Once the sign-in process is completed and the activation code is generated, visit www.tlc.com/link in a web browser on a smartphone or PC.
- Finally, Enter the code and select Activate to stream the app on your device.
If you are thinking TLC Go is not supported by an Apple TV set, that’s not the case. The application can be activated in the following way on this device:
- Go to the App Store and install the TLC Go app from there.
- Sign in to it to get the activation code.
- Open the web browser on another device and visit the official TLC link on it.
- At last, enter the code and submit it by selecting Link TV Provider.
Now, you can easily access the software on your Apple TV and enjoy the content of your choice.
TLC Go is also compatible with Direct TVs. These sets have several plus points like a 72-hour look back feature, integrated voice remote, unlimited DVR storage, 4K picture quality, Google Assistant, and much more.
In order to get the application on your set, follow the given steps:
- First, log in to your Directv account.
- Then, download the application and get the activation code.
- Now, visit the official page of tlc.com/link and enter the code there.
- Click on Link TV Provider to get access to the platform.
PlayStation 4 works wel as a gaming and entertainment console, it also lets you run the TLC software smoothly in 4K resolution support and vibrant HDR.
Here are some steps given that explain how can you connect the TLC content on your PS4:
- First, visit the PS4 homepage > TV > Video option.
- If you don’t have the app on your device, download it first from the PlayStation store.
- Now, select your TV provider from the drop-down menu to generate the activation code.
- Enter this code by opening the official tlc.com link on a different device.
- In the end, select Link TV Provider to start the streaming of the content on your PS4.
TLC Go is also compatible with Android TVs. The process to stream the titles on this device is given below:
- Start your Android TV and sign in with your Google account.
- Visit Google Play Store and install the app from there.
- After launching the application, select your cable provider from the available list.
- Enter the username and password of your cable.
- At last, click on Sign in.
Smartphones (Android and iOS)
You can also use this entertainment app on your Android and iOS devices. The steps for the same are given below:
- Download & install TLC Go app from Google Play Store or App Store.
- Open the app and go to the Get Started button.
- Now, sign in to the platform by using your TV provider login credentials.
- Get the code by taking the on-screen steps.
- Visit the official site of TLC com/link and enter the activation code there.
- At last, click on the Activate option.
This was the list and activation technique of all devices that are compatible with the TLC Go app. If you are facing an error during login or using the software, you may check out the solutions given here.
Tips for Dealing with TLC Go Errors
Sometimes it is possible that you might face several hurdles while starting the application, watching shows, or may get some technical issues like the app crashing, live TV errors, etc. Here, we have provided some basic measures to deal with these issues:
- Check out whether your login credentials, i.e., the username and password, are correctly filled.
- Make sure your cable provider’s name is mentioned in the list that appears when you launch the app.
- Check your internet connection and ensure there is no interruption in the network.
- Erase all cookies and cache memory of the browser, and then restart your phone or PC.
- If you are still unable to solve the issue, visit TLC Help and get the solution as per the problem from the available list of troubleshooting measures.
If none of the ways is working, you can go with some other alternative streaming platforms to enjoy TLC Go without a cable provider.
How to Enjoy TLC Go Without Cable?
If you don’t have a cable subscription, but you want to enjoy TLC, don’t worry, you can opt for a streaming service in such a case. Here are some such services given that provide TLC content on their platform. Most of them offer a free trial, so you can try them before buying the subscription. These services are as follows:
Max (formerly known as HBO Max) has a large range of on-demand content available from various channels. However it does not offer live TV as well as a free trial to users. It has different subscription plans for ad-free and ad-lite content.
- Price: $9.99/month
- Device Availability: Samsung TV, LG Smart TV, PlayStation, Cox Device, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Vizio, Xbox, Roku, iOS, Android, and others.
- Channel Lineup: TLC, HGTV, Food Network, Discovery, Cartoon Network Collection, HBO, DC Universe, CNN Originals, Max Originals, Magnolia Network, etc.
This live-streaming platform serves 65+ channels that you can enjoy on up to 20 devices at your home. It also provides unlimited DVR with a 5-day free trial.
- Price: $69.99/month
- Device Availability: Apple TV, Roku TV, Amazon Fire TV, Android, iOS, and others.
- Channel Lineup: TLC, Bravo, AMC, CNBC, ESPN, Fox Sports, Lifetime, Animal Planet, Disney Channel, Cartoon Network, TBS, TNT, etc.
It is the most extensive live TV streaming service with 8 channels and unlimited DVR storage. Users can also get a one-week free trial before buying the subscription.
- Price: $72.99/month
- Device Availability: Sharp, Vizio TV, Xbox, PlayStation, LG TV, Android, iOS, Apple TV, Samsung TV, Roku, etc.
- Channel Lineup: TLC, Bravo, CNN, CNBC, ESPN, Big Ten Network, AMC, FOX, Freeform, Animal Planet, Discovery, NBC, TBS, YouTube Originals, and others.
Sling TV lets users customize their pack as per their choice of premium channels and other add-ons. Also, they can enjoy live and on-demand content with a 7-day free trial.
- Price: $40/month
- Device Availability: Samsung TV, Roku, AirTV, LG TV, Chromecast, Android TV, Apple TV, and others.
- Channel Lineup: TLC, A&E, TNT, BBC America, NBC, Mi Box, Food Network, Cheddar, Cartoon Network, etc.
The platform provides 65 local, regional, and national channels with access to movies and shows on Hulu’s library. There is a one-week free trial also given to users.
- Price: $75/month
- Device Availability: Vizio Smart TV, Xbox, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, iOS, Android, Nintendo Switch, Roku, and others.
- Channel Lineup: TLC, Animal Planet, BET, HLN, History, News Nation, The Grio, Comedy Central, CNBC, etc.
Philo’s users can enjoy 60+ channels, streaming on multiple devices, and unlimited DVR storage. The platform also gives a 7-day free trial, but it does not offer any sports channel.
- Price: $25/month
- Device Availability: Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, iOS, Android, iPhone, etc.
- Channel Lineup: TLC, AMC, BBC, Hallmark Channel, Lifetime, WE TV, MTV, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Discovery Channel, A&E, and many more.
Users get access to live TV on this platform, but can’t enjoy the on-demand content and a DVR storage facility. It offers two plans, i.e., English and Spanish with 95 channels.
- Price: $55/month
- Device Availability: Android, iOS, Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
- Channel Lineup: TLC, ESPN, Fox Sports, Discovery, ACC Network, Lifetime, Hallmark Channel, MotorTrend, QVC, Travel Channel, Nat Geo Wild, and many more.
This is a sports-centered live TV streamer that offers 116 channels with 20 hours of DVR storage. It provides a free trial for 7 days.
- Price: $74.99/month
- Device Availability: Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, and Android TV.
- Channel Lineup: TLC, ABC, Bravo, CNBC, ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC, Paramount Network, MTV, Nat Geo, Disney, etc.
From the given list, HBO Max is the cheapest way to enjoy TLC content, along with several other channels. Apart from these options, you can also check out some more streaming services like Now TV, Xfinity Choice TV, Spectrum TV Choice, FuboTV Elite, and Direct TV Stream Ultimate.
TLC Go is a popular platform with a wide pool of engaging TV shows, movies, and series. It has got 4.8 ratings on both Play Store and App Store with amazing reviews. The software is compatible with so many devices and streaming platforms. Detailed information about them is already given in this article, along with tips for dealing with non-working errors of the application.
A point to be noted here is that to access tlc.com/link for free, it is necessary to have either a cable provider or a streaming platform.
Ans: Yes, you can get the TLC app for free, but in order to play content on it, you must have to buy a cable subscription or Live TV streaming service. Apart from that, no additional charges are required.
Ans: It is a unique alphanumeric code that is required to be entered on the TLC website while trying to activate your account.
Ans: When you sign in to the TLC Go app, the code gets displayed on your TV screen.
Ans: You need to relaunch the application on your device and generate a new code.
Ans: Yes, Amazon Prime Video offers the service of TLC content to its members after paying some additional amount.