DISH Anywhere is an OTT platform that offers a large range of content in various genres to viewers. This video streaming product serves more than 50,000 full-length TV shows and movies from about 150 top networks like ABC, Bravo, CBS, etc. Users can enjoy more content by getting a subscription.
The platform covers 120 channels in its basic pack, but all of these can’t be accessed over Roku devices. FS1 on Roku is a popular channel that has many viewers, but there are many more. There are some selected channels that users can enjoy even while watching Dish anywhere on Roku. They include the following:
Users can get access to all these channels after downloading them from the Roku channel store and using their login credentials.
Can You Get DISH Anywhere on Roku?
The answer is obviously yes. You can get Dish Anywhere on Roku simply by casting your smartphone or laptop, even if your TV does not have any official application for it.
The portal comes up with several benefits which include the following:
- It offers so many live channels from various genres such as sports, entertainment, movies, news, kids, music, knowledge, etc.
- Users can also demand movies, TV shows, and series of their choice and can download them to stream in offline mode.
- The feature of recording the live-streaming of channels is available to viewers that are enabled with the help of DVR storage.
- Provides an instant update related to your favorite games such as NHL, NCAAF, NFL, NCAAB, NBA, etc.
Note: DISH Anywhere is supported only on Android, iOS, PC, Fire TV Stick, and Kindle Fire HDX. But with screen mirroring, users can enjoy it anywhere.
How to Create a DISH Anywhere Online ID?
An online ID is a unique ID that is given to every user of this app. While signing in to the account, users have to fill in this ID and the generated password to get access. In case, you have not created your ID yet, you can do it by following the given instructions:
- First, visit the official website of dishanywhere.com.
- In the upper right corner, a Login button will be visible. Tap on it.
- Now, tap on Create Online ID option.
- Now, you have to continue with a three-step process. First, enter your registered Email ID saved on your DISH account > Verify it > Create Account as per the instructions.
After creating your online ID with your registered email, you can easily stream DISH Anywhere app on Roku by using any of the further mentioned ways.
How to Get the DISH Anywhere App on Roku?
In order to begin the process of streaming, you have to first power on the Roku device, connect it to your TV, and then enable the screen mirroring feature on it.
For this, go to the Home Screen > click Settings > Screen Mirroring > Screen Mirroring Mode > Select Prompt or Always Allow.
Now, you are ready to cast DISH on Roku. Here are several methods given that you may choose from as per the availability of the device:
The option of Cast or Screen Mirroring can be opened from the Settings > Connections and Sharing option of your phone. But before starting the process of casting, make sure to connect your Roku device and Android with the same Wi-Fi, and then, you can move further with the given procedure:
- Install the DISH Anywhere app from the Google Play Store.
- Open the notification panel or connection and sharing (from Settings) on your Android and tap on the Cast or Screen Mirroring option.
- Now a list of available devices will be visible. From there, choose your Roku device.
- Once casting is done, open the DISH Anywhere app and complete the login process with your credentials.
Now, you can simply play any movie or show on your Android and can enjoy it on your TV.
Before moving with the process of casting the app, it is again necessary to connect your iPhone or iPad and Roku with the same Wi-Fi. After this, you can continue with the process of screen mirroring:
- Visit the App Store and Install DISH Anywhere on your iOS device.
- Open the Control Center and tap on Screen Mirroring.
- Now, from the list of available nearby devices, select Roku device on your iPhone or iPad.
- After that, launch the DISH Anywhere and enter your login ID and password.
Now, you can enjoy all the content available on the app on your TV screen.
Not only with mobile devices, but you can access this platform on Roku by using your PCs also. This can be done with the help of the cast option of your PC, whether it is Windows or macOS. The process for the same is given below:
- Connect your PC and Roku with the same Wi-Fi.
- Go to the official site of DISH Anywhere by using your PC web browser and click on the log-in button located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Now, fill in your login details to access your subscriber ID.
- In Chrome web browser, a three-dot menu will be seen in the top-right corner, click on it and then go to the Cast option.
- Once you are done with the previous step, your PC will start searching for the available Roku device. Choose your device from the list.
After getting connected, the PC screen will appear on your TV display, and you can stream your favorite show or movie on it.
Using Webcast App
Webcast is a third-party app that allows you to connect DISH Anywhere with Roku by using both Android and iOS. In case, you are facing some issues in casting by using the in-built Cast option of your smartphone, you can simply use this app to do so by following the process described here:
- First, install the web video cast app from Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- On the native browser of the software, enter DISH Anywhere in the URL section and open the official site.
- Tap on the Profile icon visible in the top-right corner.
- Now, enter your Online ID and Password.
- After that, tap on the Cast icon from the top-right corner of the app’s screen and select your Roku device.
- A notification will pop up on your TV display to install the app on your device.
- Once you have installed it, the screen will begin to load.
- Now, your phone’s screen has been cast to Roku and you can enjoy the portal on it.
Note: It is a less preferred method because it demands installing a third-party app on your device. However, the app is fast and easy to operate.
Apart from the given ways of screen mirroring, you can also separately log in to the official apps of various channels by using your Anywhere credentials. But this may be quite time-consuming. Hence, it is preferred to cast through your device and watch more than 120 channels (or based on your subscribed pack) on your TV set without interruptions.
Suggested Read: How to Cast to Firestick from Android/iOS/iPad/PC/MacOS?
Tips to Take When DISH Network on Roku is not Working
While trying to play content on your TV set through the Anywhere portal, you may encounter several issues. Maybe your content is not playing on your device or buffering, some kinds of audio issues, unable to log in to your Roku DISH Anywhere app, the software is crashing, or the screen is frozen. Here are some troubleshooting ways that can help you solving all of these issues:
- Confirm whether your login credentials are correct or not. In case, you can’t remember any of the Online ID or passwords, tap on Forgot option on the login window.
- Try to sign out and then sign in back to treat some temporary errors.
- Also, check whether your Roku device and your smartphone, or desktop are connected to the same Wi-Fi and there is not any type of network error.
- Make sure your subscription plan is not expired.
- Check out if there are no app restrictions on your device that are blocking the functioning of the DISH Anywhere Roku App.
- Delete the cache of the app.
- Update the DISH software and TV’s operating system to get their latest versions.
- Uninstall the app, and try to enter your login credentials after reinstalling it.
- Restart your device to fix some minor bugs.
- Sometimes, there is the possibility that the server of the streaming portal is down. So also, check for the same.
- If none of them are working, and you have figured out that the issue is with Roku, go for the factory reset of the device.
You may reach out to Roku Support or may contact DISH Customer Care as per the issue in case the above-mentioned tips are not favorable. Another thing you can do is try some free trial streaming services instead of Roku, and watch your favourite content there.
DISH Anywhere Subscription Packs
To get uninterrupted entertainment, it is necessary to have a Roku DISH network subscription plan that can be purchased from DISH TV. These packs include the following:
|America’s Top 120All-Time Favorites & Locals||190||$79.99/month|
|America’s Top 120+Everything Sports||190+||$94.99/month|
|America’s Top 200Everything Sports & Entertainment||240+||$99.99/month|
|America’s Top 250Everything Sports, Entertainment, & Movies||290+||$109.99/month|
Note: There may be some updates in the pricing of the packs. So, it is advisable to visit the official website of DISH to check the updated subscription price.
DISH Anywhere on Roku: In a Nutshell
In short, you can get DISH Network on Roku either by screencasting or by using a third-party application such as Webcast Video. Apart from this, you can also get the benefit of your login credentials on various apps like Disney, ESPN, Showtime, etc.
Here, we gave the whole solution for your doubts regarding how to stream the content over your television with Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS. Along with this, information like troubleshooting measures, creating an online ID, available subscription packages, a set of free channels, and others related to the DISH Anywhere app Roku is discussed above.
Ans: No, generally, it is compulsory to cast, screen mirror, or use an HDMI to enjoy DISH Anywhere content on Roku. However, this can be done by using some third-party devices like Mi Box and Nvidia Shield TV.
Ans:The purchased content can be accessed from the My Purchase section of the DISH Anywhere app.
Ans: The maximum device limit to use DISH Anywhere at the same time is five.
Ans: Yes, Roku can be used with Satellite Internet like a DISH streaming box that pairs with DISH services.
DISHAnywhere.com FAQs, DISH Anywhere